The Challenge, Users are abused
Digital advertising is overrun by middlemen, trackers and fraud.
- Up to 50% of the average user’s mobile data is for ads and trackers, costing as much as $23 a month.
- Ads use about 5 seconds of mobile load time on average.
- Ads decrease phone battery life by as much as 21%.
- Privacy is violated when large media sites host up to 70 trackers.
- Malware (malvertisements, ransom-ware) is up 132% in one year.
Publishers are hurting
- Google and Facebook take 73% of all ad dollars and 99% of all growth.
- Revenue is recently down 66%.
- Bots inflicted $7.2 billion in fraud last year.
- Over 600 million phones and desktops run ad-blocking.
- Publishers cannot seamlessly monetize value added services.
Advertisers are losing
- Advertisers lack good information on what they are paying for.
- Marketers are often fooled by bogus websites and bots that commit fraud.
- Targeting is poor, making users more likely to ignore ads.